Caring for Our Communities: COVID-19 Updates and Information
We are Committed to Serving Our Communities
As a local grocer, we are committed to the delivering the highest level of service for our local community. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have been monitoring, planning and working diligently to maintain the same level of service and safety.
We are constantly coordinating with and monitoring the State Health Department and CDC to ensure we are taking steps to protect our team and guests.
Keeping You, Your Family and Our Team Members SafeUnder the guidance of local officials, we have implemented a variety of precautionary measures and will continue to do so as the situation unfolds. These include:
- We have implemented a face mask policy for our teams and encourage all shoppers to consider wearing one while in our stores.
- Common seating areas have been modified to encourage safe, social distancing. In some cases, these seating areas have been closed or temporarily removed.
- New hygiene and handwashing signage has been placed in all public and team member restrooms and breakrooms.
- We provide frequent checks of the in-store sanitizing tools, including our cart wipes and hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the store.
- We reviewed and reinforced the importance of our sick leave policy.
- We trained and implemented step-by-step protocols for dealing with a sick team member or shopper.
- We asked any partners or team members that have traveled internationally to not come back to work immediately following their return.
- We temporarily suspended the use of reusable and refillable cups in our stores.
- We suspended all sampling and sampling events in stores until further notice.
- As is standard practice in all food-handling departments, team members are required to wash their hands and wear protective gloves. Changing of gloves between every transaction is also a policy we have implemented in our fresh departments.
- We have implemented one-way aisles and encourage you to follow the directional signage in store.
How You Can HelpAs you shop with us, we would ask that you:
- Consider wearing a mask and following the signage for one-way travel down the aisles.
- Use cart wipes on regular and hand carts.
- If you are sick, we ask that you ask a friend or family member shop for you until you are well.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- If visiting our restrooms or when blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. If the restroom is unavailable, please use one of the hand-sanitizer stations that are available throughout the store.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Please maintain social distance of at least six feet. Avoid shaking hands or giving hugs.
- If you get sick while in the store, please leave or if emergency assistance is needed, please contact a team member immediately.
- If you are uncomfortable shopping in the store, we encourage you to use our online shopping service where we offer both curbside pickup and delivery. The Skip mobile app is another option available in all our stores and can help reduce interaction with our store front-line team members. The app allows you to scan your own groceries from your phone and bypass the normal checkout lines.